The East Shore Youth Council (in partnership with Community Connections) is seeking a Program Coordinator, under the supervision of the Council to be responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and supervision of recreational, cultural and social programming, as well as front line facilitation for youth.
- Develop, promote, implement and evaluate recreational, cultural and social programs and special events.
- Be responsible for the supervision and guidance of East Shore youth aged 12-19 with positive role modeling and youth leadership.
- Actively engage in building community partnerships with other services, businesses and volunteers.
- Be responsible for the supervision of program staff and volunteers.
- Responsibilities will also include daily administrative and operational duties, fundraising and risk management duties.
- Help design and organize events in collaboration with youth and operate and participate in the events
- Work with Council on furthering their goals
- Attend council meetings when required
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license and a personal vehicle for transportation to and from venues and events.
- Access to telephone and internet
- Current criminal record validation
- Technology and social networking skills
- Good listening skills
- Flexible and open-minded
- The successful applicant will be a creative thinker with the proven ability to work independently in a collaborative environment. The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be energetic, motivated, self-directed, multi-task oriented, a team player and have proven success in interacting with youth. Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum 2 years education/ training and proven experience working with youth. Qualified candidate will possess strong leadership skills, experience working with youth and program development and implementation. The individual should have Level 1 First Aid, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The position is from January through June 2015 with a possible extension if funding continues. Payment is a monthly salary of $1,000.00
Please submit a cover letter and resume by mail to East Shore Youth Council, Box 275, Crawford Bay, BC V0B1E0 or in .doc or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is Thursday December 18.