Fall Fair Carries On, But With Big Changes
by Fran Kinder
The 103rd annual Kootenay Lake Fall Fair is on (mark your calendars) September 13, 2014, and it starts at noon.
There will be so much going on:
- Iron Chef Competition – cheer your friends and neighbours in a cook-off.
- Taste Testing – prepare your special recipe to be tried by all.
- Eating Contests – lots of fun for all ages
- Cake Walk – a fall fair classic
- Lion’s Club burgers and fries – don’t miss ‘em or the popcorn!
- Magic – Magic – Magic
- Gardener’s Market: The harvest is in full swing – get your veggies now.
- Extrication with the Jaws of Life. Our Riondel Volunteer Firefighters and First Responders show us how they rescue crash victims.
- Fall Fair Competition There are still many of the categories we know and love, including photography, needlework, kids crafts, vegetables, fruits. All these areas are championed by a community member who wants to make an area happen – we can always use more champions.
Check local stores for the booklet or call Fran at 250-227-9416 for more information. We are looking forward to viewing all the entries.