June 1st, 2017
COMMUNITY SEARCH AND RESCUE
FOR ALVIN DUNIC
The public is invited to participate in the ground search for Alvin Dunic this Saturday and Sunday, June 3‐4th 2017.
- When: Saturday, June 3, 2017 – 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 ‐ 9:30 a.m. ‐ 5:30 p.m.
- Registration area: Crawford Bay Elementary/Secondary School, Walkley Rd, Crawford Bay, BC V0B 1E0
The following criteria MUST be met by volunteers to participate in the search efforts:
- Minimum age is 18 years old;
- Volunteers must be capable of a minimum of 6 hours of sustained and strenuous physical activity;
- Picture ID is required; and
- Mandatory equipment: rain gear, long pants, long sleeves, hiking boots, bug spray, eye protection, sunscreen, food, water – You will be turned away if you don’t have this equipment.
Check in procedures
- All volunteers must register at the school.
- Only registered volunteers will be able to participate in the search efforts.
- Registration will take place at the school at 9.30 a.m. on each day
- You must register and check out each day
- The school will be closed at 5.30 p.m.
There is no parking available at the school. Please carpool with others. Bus transportation will be provided from the Kootenay Ferry Terminal at 8.45 a.m. A bus will then depart school at 4:45p.m. for volunteers to catch the 5.20 p.m. ferry back to Balfour.