Coordinator/Facilitator for Youth
The East Shore Youth Council (Community Connections) is excited to announce we are seeking an exuberant, committed and creative coordinator/facilitator.
On the heels of getting our first CBT grant for youth engagement, we are looking for an energetic catalyst to help East Shore youth realize some of their social programming ideas.
Obviously we are looking for someone who digs youth and wants to help them translate their ideas into action. As the same time, this is a start-up program and we know it will take some dedication, creativity and hard work to mold this program into a sustainable offering for years to come.
Youth animator will report to/collaborate with Youth Council (volunteer group of approximately 7-9 people, including youth).
We need to develop, implement, evaluate and supervise the programming that is devised. The programming will range from recreational, cultural, social, and educational.
Youth should be the drivers for the programming ideas & your job will be to help them organize and implement their ideas.
The Youth Council, Community Connections, and other volunteers will be able to support some of the administrative duties, all to be determined as we move forward in establishing a plan for the year.
The Low Down:
- Engage, spark, motivate and model what is possible.
- Facilitate, guide and inspire youth (and parents!) to take leadership in organizing events.
- Create a safe space for youth to interact within.
- Work with the council and youth to actively engage in building community partnerships with other services, businesses and volunteers.
- Work with the council to create a robust plan to engage and inspire youth.
- Be responsible for the supervision of program staff and volunteers.
- Responsibilities will also include some administrative and operational duties, fundraising and risk management.
- A few directions we are already sure about including transportation and the creation of a youth hangout space.
- Outstanding facilitation skills
- A flare for bringing many voices to the table
- Good listening skills
- Flexible and open-minded
- Responsible and fun all at once!
- Proven success in interacting with youth in a positive & energetic manner.
- A valid BC driver’s license and a personal vehicle for transportation to and from venues and events
- Access to telephone and internet
- Current criminal record check
- Technology and Social networking skills
- Level 1 first aid or the ability to attain
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Preference given to applicants with a min. 2 years education/training and proven experience working with youth
We are proud to announce that this position is available for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
While we’d love this to be a full time position, we have to start with what we have:
Wage: $15/hour @ 6 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to the East Shore Youth Council in .doc or .pdf format to:
Application deadline – May 15
We look forward to hearing from you.