I hope this letter finds you and the ones closest to you healthy and safe. I want to stress that the safety and wellbeing of our employees, members and community continues to be our top priority. We continue to limit our hours of operation at all our branches, and strongly urge all members to conduct your banking remotely whenever possible.
I am pleased to provide a service update for the Nelson & District Credit Union East Shore branch.
It has been an unusual fourteen months, to say the least. When NDCU first implemented COVID-19 protocols we did not expect it to last this long, let alone into the foreseeable future. We are in a continual state of reviewing our protocols to strengthen our workplace safety for employees and members.
We appreciate your patience as we have severely restricted member access to the East Shore branch over the past 14 months as we made every attempt to maintain services with our small employee pool at that location. We reduced branch hours, with the branch closed to walk-in traffic, to limit exposure for employees and members. Thank you for your continued support with the restrictions we had to enact, and your adherence to our protocols.
I am pleased to announce that the branch will re-open its doors to serve members in person, on Tuesday, June 1, 2021, for Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday operations with restricted branch hours, of four hours:
- OPEN TO MEMBERS: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- CLOSED FOR LUNCH: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- OPEN TO MEMBERS: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Please consider the points below:
- After the doors close on Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, employees will continue to serve members remotely until 3:45.
- The branch will be closed to member access Monday and Friday; service to members is remote, between 10:00-3:45.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, have had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 or experiencing flu like symptoms, please do not attend the branch.
- Masks are required upon entry for all members (masks will be provided if you do not have one).
- Please adhere to the Social Distancing protocol of 6 feet (2 metres) while in the branch, and while being served by an employee. This will allow for only 3 members in the branch lobby, and only 1 member in the ATM vestibule.
- Members may have to wait outside, prior to entry, if lobby/atm is at capacity.
- Upon entry, please hand sanitize at one of our stations in the branch lobby or ATM vestibule.
- Plexi-barriers are in place for the protection of employees and members.
- High touch-point sanitization protocols have been enhanced and employees are practicing proper hygiene.
Please phone your branch, 250.227.9221, or email, email@example.com, if you require service or support – many of the transactions that are typically done in-branch, such as bill payments, transfers or ordering cheques, can be completed over the phone with one of our employees. We are here to help!
I appreciated your kindness and patience with us during these times. As a credit union, helping is at our heart. Thank you for your understanding.
Be Calm. Be Kind. Be Safe.
Tom Murray, CEO